WordPress couldn’t really make moving content much easier. These are the instructions for importing and exporting WordPress blogs (or sections of blogs) from one location to another. Click on any image to see enlarged.
1. Export your old blog. Login to the Dashboard. Go to “Tools” (on the left), and then “Export”.
2. Decide which content you wish to export. (You can see in this photo I chose all of the posts that were written by me for now.) Then press the “Download Export File” button. Pay attention to where you save the file.
3. Import content to your new blog. Login to the Dashboard. Go to “Tools” (on the left), and then “Import”. Choose “WordPress”.
4. Click browse and find the exported file from your old blog. It should be a .xml. Then press the “Update file and import” button.
5. Then you have to choose a user to be the “author” of this content. I chose myself. Remember to check the “Download and import all attachments” if you have a lot of pictures and stuff.
(For some reason, I had to import this twice in order for it to download my pics and stuff.)