Working from home as a Virtual Assistant can at times feel a bit lonely. You may think that because you are running your own company that you are doing this all by yourself and that you don’t have anyone you can turn to for advice or that little “pick me up” of encouragement that we all could use from time to time. However, nothing can be farther from the truth!
To that end, I have gathered some statistics with the help of Virtual Assistant Networking Association, as to who we as VA’s are:
- 96.8% of VA’s are women
- 93.77% of VA’s have found their clients through word of mouth
- 90.99% of VA’s view Virtual Assistance as their primary profession
- 80.1% of VA’s also market through a website online
- 76.1% of VA’s have children
- 74.14% of VA’s are based in the United States
- 69.3% of VA’s are married
- 34.4% of VA’s have had some sort of college education
As you can see from the numbers above, you are not alone and probably find yourself in more than one of these categories. I encourage you to reach out to others in the industry for the support and continuing education you may be looking for. Here are a few suggested places to start:
And remember, this blog and the contributing writers can also be a resource for you! Good luck and know you aren’t alone. There are plenty of us out there to reach out to.