Some spices like turmeric and cinnamon are also sold via supplement form in pills and capsules. Remember that you do not need to purchase these and start taking them in large doses to get the healthy benefits. Nature made them perfect and potent enough in smaller amounts.
Try a small variety (maybe 2 or 3) of these spices to your food at first. You already know that variety is the spice of life.
- Apple Pie Spice
- Cinnamon – lowers blood sugar and has anti-cancer benefits
- Cloves- also lowers blood sugar and has the highest antioxidant properties
- Ginger – can “normalize digestion” and it’s awesome for anti-nausea
- Italian Spice
- Jamaican All-Spice – also helps with gas
- Marjoram – stimulates digestion (will super–charge the stomach)
- Oregano – broad spectrum anti-microbial
- Sage – anti-inflammatory
- Time – anti-microbial
- Turmeric – anticancer anticancer anticancer
This list of 11 spices came from a recent Dr. Oz show re-run. I wanted to keep the list forever so I wanted to post it here.
Is it any surprise that all of these are high in antioxidant properties? Antioxidants help our bodies by allowing the body to clear out toxins caused by free-radicals, environmental pollution, and even toxic byproducts our bodies have to deal with after a stress response!
The turmeric and cinnamon photos were downloaded from the fabulous free stockphoto resource site: freedigitalphotos.net .